FREE Shipping on all orders!
Matrix Audio X-SABRE
32bit/384kHz DSD DXD Audio DAC
The X-SABRE is our flagship ultra high quality D/A converter that supports native DSD (Direct-Stream Digital) and DXD (Digital eXtreme Deﬁnition). It utilizes the ESS 9018 Sabre Reference DAC along with a XMOS 32bit/500MIPS high performance asynchronous USB interface to stream 1-Bit 2.8224MHz/5.6448MHz DSD, 24bit/352.8kHz DXD, and up to 32bit/384kHz PCM.
The X-SABRE uses extremely stable crystal oscillators and (unlike conventional sigma-delta implementation) the ESS Sabre converters incorporate innovative patented circuity to deliver spectacular music playback free from clock jitter. This combined with the use of four actual D/A converters per channel (8 mono to 2 stereo configuration) achieves a new level of exceptionally wide dynamic range, ultra low distortion, an amazingly accurate sound stage, and (jitter-free) detail with incredible clarity.
The X-SABRE is constructed from a single piece of CNC machined aluminum with separate compartments for each circuit providing excellent isolation and shielding. The design also includes three large diamond shaped feet to minimize any vibration.
The X-SABRE has pellucid LED indicators to display the current status or mode of operation. Input selection consists of USB, Coaxial (RCA), and AES-EBU (XLR).
Side Note: DSD (Direct Stream Digital) is the result of a joint development from Sony and Philips to create a new standard in high-resolution digital audio. The specifications use a 1-Bit 2.8224 MHz or 5.6448 MHz sample rate which is 64 times or 128 times higher then 'CD quality' (which only uses 44.1kHz). The result is a dynamic range of up to 120dB between 20-20kHz and the capability of extended frequency response all the way up to 100kHz. Since the sampled waveform is so extremely close to the original analog waveform DSD will finally provide all the detail of a live music performance. If you thought CD quality was never good enough you were right! The time has come to enter the capabilities of the new millennium and the new digital specification of ultra high resolution music reproduction.
Ultra low jitter is key in reproducing high quality audio and that requires an accurate and stable clock!
• Asynchronous data transfer mode
• DSD×64 (2.8224MHz) / DSD×128 (5.6448MHz）
• Sample rates supported USB: 16-32Bit @ 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/176.4kHz/192kHz/352.8kHz/384kHz
• Sample rates supported Coax/AES-EBU: 16-24Bit @ 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/176.4kHz/192kHz
• Low latency ASIO/KS drivers supported
• Drivers available for: Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8 - 8.1
• Natively supported by: Apple Mac OSX & Most Linux Distro's
• RCA Output Level: 2.2Vrms at 0dBFS
• XLR Output Level: 4.4Vrms at 0dBFS (XLR Interface: 1=ground 2=hot 3=cold)
• Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz +/-0.1dB
• SNR: 124dB 0dBFS Unweighted
127dB 0dBFS A-weighted
• THD+N: 0.0003% @1kHz 0dBFS
0.0003% @1kHz -1dBFS
0.0003% @1kHz -3dBFS
• Channel Separation: -145dB @20Hz
AC: 120 volts 60Hz / 230 volts 50Hz - 10 watts (A voltage switch is located on the bottom of the unit)
Weight: 8lb / 3.6kg
Dimensions: 8.07" x 10.23" x 1.89" / 205mm × 260mm × 48mm
Included accessories: Power cable & Driver CD
One year manufacturer's Warranty. For more details please see our TERMS & CONDITIONS.